Thursday, August 15, 2013

And So It Begins...

We survived out first official day of homeschooling (barely). I am wiped out and oh so thankful that tomorrow is Friday! Today was a bit more structured than the other warm up days this week. I gathered the materials I would need for each child last night and sorted them into their own baskets for easy access today. I found these cute little pop up baskets from the Dollar Tree! What a steal!


I also pulled out my handy rolling closet. We got this a few years back at a garage sale because we needed extra space for my husband's work clothes. Since moving into our house we haven't been using it and it has just been sitting in the garage. Instead of buying a pocket chart stand (although I seriously considered it) I picked up some cheap shower curtain hooks at the Dollar Tree and made my own sort of pocket chart stand. It may look odd but it does the job and in the end it only cost a buck.

Our first activity of the day was a little craftivity I found for FREE at TeachersPayTeachers.com (you can check it out here)

For the math problems on this worksheet we used some little foam blocks from the Dollar Tree for counting and creating our math problems. Next up we did some number line work and then took a break to do some lacing boards we found at Half Price Books.


We moved on to language next and used another FREE printable! I found this Blends Puzzle at Lakeshore.com and laminated it to keep it sturdy for multiple uses.


After our lunch break we continued our weather theme in science and read another library book and began our weather graph.


To finish off the day we read the story of creation for our Bible lesson. Afterwards we sponge-painted our own paper plate Earths.





Chandler's
Emma's




1 comment: